Making an API call is really easy. All you need is:
There are 2 main APIs both take exactly the same parameters as either POST or GET data:DEEP CLEAN: https://api.listwisehq.com/clean/deep.php
The deep clean API does the FULL ListWise cleaning processing.
The same level of thorough cleaning as when you upload email lists into the application.
This API will cost you 1 Credit for each unique email request.
QUICK CLEAN: https://api.listwisehq.com/clean/quick.php
The quick clean API is 100% FREE (as long as you have an active ListWise account with at least 1 credit available). This API is guaranteed to give you a result within 1000ms so is excellent for any place where you need a near instant validation of an email.
The quick clean API current performs the following email checks:
Address syntax and RFC checks, Domain checks (DNS and MX Servers), Typo fixing, Spam-trap checking, Free-mail checking and No-reply checking
Both APIs return JSON format with the following fields:
|The email address being cleaned (may be different from the original email passed in for example if typo’s have been fixed)|
– This address is invalid (fails syntax or RFC checks)
– This address is not expected to receive any reply emails
– This address has been detected as a spam-trap
– The mail server is not present or is not configured correctly
– This address does not exist and will bounce back
– The mail server accepts both fake and real addresses
– This address has been rejected or deferred after multiple checks without a confirmed result. It may bounce
– The mail server returns an unexpected result. This address may bounce
– This address is clean
– This address is currently being processed, you should check back again within 5-10 minutes
|free_mail||yes / no: this address is a free-mail address|
|typo_fixed||yes / no: this address has had typo’s fixed|
|error_code||1: Not enough parameters|
2: Invalid user
3: No credits available
4: API communication error
|error_msg||error message matching the error_code|
Example API Call (Quick Clean):
Example API Call (Deep Clean):
Example API Response:
Q. Is there any kind of throttle on the APIs?
A. One simultaneous connection per IP.